Your help will aid UniSA Law Students' Association in its efforts to support the Hutt Street Centre.
UniSA Law Students' Association proudly supports Hutt Street Centre.
The reality of poverty and homelessness is readily apparent in and around our community. Therefore, the focus of USALSA’s charitable efforts will turn to supporting the Hutt Street Centre in the second half of the year, particularly around Winter.
There are two causes that the Association is dedicated to help alleviate: the experience of homelessness, understanding that no person is born homeless and the experience is not a defining aspect of a person’s life or identity; and, the effects of domestic violence on its victims, noting that the Committee pledge they will stand up, speak out and act to prevent such violence and aggressions against women.
Hutt Street Centre not only provide meals but emergency shelter and social work to help break the cycle of homelessness and support human dignity. Homelessness affects people of all walks of life. UniSA Law Students’ Association are committed to helping break the stigma through its support of the Hutt Street Centre.
What your money can buy:
Are you looking for a way to help? A great way to help the nearly 6,000 people who experience homelessness each year in South Australia is to raise much needed funds to support our programs and services.
Don’t turn away from those who are currently homeless or on the move. Help dismantle stereotypes.
- $30 : Hot breakfast and lunch for two weeks for a person doing it tough.
- $50 : A hot shower, laundry service and a locker for three months for a person sleeping rough.
- $100 : A "home starter pack" for a couple moving from street to home.
- $250 : Safe, emergency accommodation for a family in crisis for two nights.
- $350 : Be an Angel — provide meals for a day for 200 people experiencing homelessness.